Today I am participating in the mini-readathon over at the Sarah Says blog. Now, as that blog is run by my sister, I am not actually entering to win the prizes that she's giving away, but I feel like the only way to fully enjoy the readathon is to participate in everything, including the challenges. Therefore, I will participate but she will exclude my name from the drawings at the end for her prizes.
Speaking of prizes, I am offering up one of my own during her readathon, so check back here later today to complete my mini-challenge (Sorry, this prize is only up for grabs to the people who are taking part in her readathon... if you're not, but still want to win something from me, head over to this post and enter to win the $20 gift certificate I am giving away in honor of my shop's 1 year anniversary!)
And now, on with the show (or in this case, readathon!)
1. Tell everyone three random things about yourself:
- I have two kids, ages 6 and 3, which makes participating in this readathon a bit of a challenge in itself. :)
- My favorite color is lime green, which is the color of my kitchen.
- I love to re-read books and often find that it's difficult for me to try something new. I thank my sister for encouraging me to try new material.
2. Is this your first readathon? YES!
3. Do you have any specific goals for today? (# of books or pages to read?)
4. Do you have any specific snacks, drinks, or books planned? Just the books mentioned above... other than that, it's up in the air... though I am drinking coffee already...
5. What hours do you plan on reading during? (For example, I'm aiming for 10 AM to 10 PM Eastern time). Honestly, whenever I get the chance today. Most of it will probably be after the kids are in bed. Though I did get some in this morning before they woke up. :)