Monday, July 11, 2011

Sarah Says - Mini Readathon Wrap Up!

The Sarah Says readathon ended last night. Here is my wrap up about my readathon!

1. How many books and/or pages were you able to read?

I read & completed The Exile - An Outlander Graphic Novel by Diana Gabaldon

I also read about 1/3 of Lamb by Christopher Moore, a bit of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling and about 5% of A Breath of Snow & Ashes by Diana Gabaldon (on my Kindle).

2. About how many hours were you able to read for? (Were there many distractions, breaks, etc?)

I'm not absolutely certain since it was broken up a lot by children, birthday parties, and meals. Not nearly long enough though.

3. Do you have any likes/dislikes about the 12-hour readathon, compared to a 24-hour readathon?

I've never done a 24 hour readathon before, but I can say that I definitely prefer the 12 hour format. I will never be able to commit a full 24 hours to just reading. Not possible with two young kids in tow.

4. Favorite and least favorite books that you read today?

I loved the graphic novel because I've never read one before, and I enjoyed seeing it the story drawn as well as written. It was great to see the "other side" of the story of Outlander. I do wish it had been longer and been a complete retelling of Outlander, rather than just leading up to the return to Lallybroch.

I'm also really enjoying Lamb as well, which is why I read so much of that as opposed to starting Hunger Games like I wanted to, or reading more HP.

5. Do you have any suggestions for things you'd like me to do differently if I host another mini-readathon?

No suggestions, I thought this was really well done. Next time, I am fully commited to 12 hours of uninterrupted reading time. No kids, no other obligations, just reading! Looking forward to January!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I really loved The Exile too. The only complaint I had about it was that sometimes the men looked too similar. And I know that Jamie was only 19, but he looks younger than what I always pictured in my head.

    And YAY for Lamb! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete